For the salad
- 2 sweet potatoes approx. 800 g
- 120 g quinoa
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 bell pepper
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- approx. 3 stems of fresh mint
- 100 g arugula (rocket)
- 5 soft dates
- 30 g unsalted pistachios
- 2 spring onions
- 1–2 peaches
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon-mustard
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C top and bottom heat.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until the sweet potatoes are completely covered.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and roast for about 25-30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the quinoa. To do so, bring the quinoa to the boil with twice the amount of water and a teaspoon of apple vinegar and simmer for about 12-14 minutes at medium to low heat. If necessary, add more water to prevent the quinoa from burning.
- While the quinoa is simmering, wash and cut the vegetables. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Cut the spring onions into rings. Coarsely chop the mint and pistachios and cut the peach into bite-sized pieces. Alternatively, cut the peach in half first, then grill briefly on the inside and only then cut into small pieces. Place everything in a large salad bowl.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing. Mix quinoa, sweet potatoes, vegetables, bell pepper, peach, mint, spring onions, dates and pistachios in the salad bowl and mix with the dressing.