For the salad:
- 1 broccoli
- 1 apple
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 lemon (also for the dressing)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white almond paste
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- Pluck the broccoli florets with your hand. The stem can easily be fried in a pan, but I find it too hard to eat it raw.
- Dry-fry the sunflower seeds in a pan without fat until golden brown.
- Cut the apple into small pieces and rub with a few spritzers of lemon juice so that it does not brown so quickly. Finely chop the onion. If you don’t like raw onions, fry them in a pan with a little olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk.
- To assemble, place the broccoli, apple, sunflower seeds and onions together with the dressing into a bowl and stir well.
- Add cooked quinoa, millet or brown rice to the salad. Yum!
- Sunflower seeds can also be replaced with almonds, pumpkin seeds or other nuts.
- If you are allergic to almonds, you can replace the almond butter with cashew butter or tahini. It can also be omitted completely.