- 20 g of fresh organic ginger
- 20 g of fresh organic turmeric
- the juice of 3 lemons
- the juice of 2 oranges
- a pinch of black pepper
Without any large kitchen appliances:
- Grate the ginger and turmeric. Juice the lemons and oranges. Mix everything in a glass bottle.
- Now there are two options.
Option 1: If you do not mind drinking the grated ginger and turmeric, you’re done now. Congratulations. Simply fill about a shot glass with the ginger-turmeric-drink and drink every day.
Option 2: If you do not like to drink grated ginger and turmeric, let the shots soak in the fridge for about 6 hours. Then strain the liquid by pouring it through a regular sieve. Store the shots in the sealable glass bottle in the fridge for up to 5 days.
With a blender:
- Simply blend all ingredients together. Store the shots in a glass bottle for up to 5 days.
- I do not peel my ginger or turmeric as most nutrients lie right under the peel. Therefore I always buy organic ginger and turmeric and thoroughly wash them before use.
- Turmeric stains EVERYTHING except for your teeth. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and protect your kitchen countertops from staining. This is very important. Do not blame me for stained countertops.
- Yes, your grater and blender might also become stained from the fresh turmeric. If you cannot bare the thought, do not make this recipe. There is a trick that works to remove turmeric stains however. Simply place your appliances or towels into direct sunlight. This will make them (to the most part) magically disappear.