For the sweet potatoes:
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (no additives, please)
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
For the green tahini dip:
- 60 g of tahini
- 35 g mixed herbs (coriander, dill and parsley)
- 1 garlic clove
- the juice ½ lime (or lemon)
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 ml of water
- 1 tsp of honey or rice syrup
- ¼ – 1 /2 teaspoon of sea or rock salt and pepper to taste
- A fresh wild herb salad
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C fan setting (200 °C top and bottom heat).
- Wash the potatoes, and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Mix the sesame oil with the peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, and tamari. If it is too thick, add a little more apple cider vinegar and tamari. Mix the sweet potatoes with the sauce and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for approx. 30-35 minutes and turn them once in between.
- In the meantime prepare the dip. Put all the of ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix thoroughly. If you use a hand blender you need to chop the herbs into small pieces first, and then mix them together. Without using any kitchen utensils, chop the herbs and garlic clove, and mix everything with a whisk. If the dip is too thick, add a little more water little by little. Season the dip with salt, pepper, and more lime juice.
- Decorate the sweet potatoes with sesame seeds and serve with the dip.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35