- 250 g of leftover bread (e.g. spelt or rye sourdough bread or gluten-free bread)
- 250 g of strawberries
- ½ red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50–60 g of rocket (arugula), about a good handful
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 50 g of roasted pistachios (unsalted)
- 50 g of pitted olives
- a good handful of fresh basil
- about 10 mint leaves (a small handful)
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup optional
- sea or rock salt and black pepper
- Dice the bread. Heat about 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan and lightly sauté a pressed or chopped clove of garlic in it. Add the bread and roast it from all sides until golden brown. Depending on the size of the pan, you may have to roast it in two portions.
- Quarter the strawberries and cut the onion into thin slices. Wash the arugula and cherry tomatoes and cut the tomatoes in half. Coarsely chop the pistachios. Cut the olives in half. For the dressing, mix 3 tbsp. of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, honey (or maple syrup) and a squeezed clove of garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Put all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix with the dressing. Decorate with basil leaves and more pistachios if necessary.
- If you cannot tolerate raw onions, just soak them in boiling water. Just let it stand for a few minutes and then add the olives it to the salad. This makes the onions better digestible.
- You can also add green asparagus, briefly fried in garlic, to the salad.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10