It was perfect.
“Wanacasa”, or “Forest in the mist”
Glow – the Como Shambhala Restaurant
The Kedara came pretty close to my definition of “heavenly”…
COMO Cookbook Giveaway
In order for you to try the COMO Shambhala Cuisine, I am super excited to be able to give away one of their amazing new cookbook “The pleasures of eating well”. All of the recipes that we enjoyed at the resort can be found in the cookbook. It’s not exclusively plant-based, as it also contains a section for fish and meat, so if you’re vegan, then this cookbook is probably not for you. However, a good half of the recipes are completely plant-based, so even if you do not eat fish or meat, you will love the plant-based recipes.
Here’s how you can win: Leave me a comment underneath this post until Thursday, August 3rd, 11:59pm and tell me about your favorite summer 2017 memories so far. Please leave your name and a valid-email address so I can contact you in case you’re the lucky winner. That’s it. You’re in and good luck!
Unfortuntely, the giveaway is only for Germany-based readers. You have to be 18 to enter the giveaway, or have the permission of a legal guardian. The cookbook is in English.
The giveaway is closed. The lucky winner is Lisa (from the German version).
Now that I’ve told you all about Como Shambhala and the glow, I did not come empty handed. I’m excited to tell you that COMO has given me the permission to publish one of their recipes, which we actually enjoyed while we were there. So you can bring a piece of the glow into your kitchen: the cacao mousse with fresh raspberries and pistachios (or in my case, coconut flakes).
For all readers from no matter where you’re from, I also have a code “COMOSocial”, which will get you 10% of the best COMO rate in any COMO hotel around the world. My tip: the COMO Hotels in Thailand, the COMO Point Yama and the COMO Metropolitan in Bangkok are pretty affordable as they start at 100 Euros/night for a room. Maybe that’ll be something for your next Asia layover.
- 35g of raw cacao powder
- 1 big ripe banana
- 200g of avocado flesh
- 85g of raw honey
- 35g of fresh coconot or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 80g of cacao butter, at room temperature
- a pinch of sea salt
- 175g of fresh raspberries
- 35g of roasted unsalted pistachios or coconut flakes
- For the chocolate mousse, simply combine all ingredients except for the cacao butter and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the cacao butter and salt until you have a homogenous mousse.
- Divide the mousse into four glasses and let sit in the fridge for one to four hours to settle.
- To serve, sprinkle with raspberries, pistachios or coconut flakes.