Peaches are definitely one of my favorite summer time snacks. They’re nice if you want to treat yourself to something different than bananas or apples. They are not grown in Germany, which is why I do not eat them too often, but when I do, I really enjoy them. The most delicious peaches that I have ever eaten were from Savannah, Georgia, where peaches are grown locally. If you’re ever traveling the South of the United States, then be sure to stop in Georgia for some fresh and amazing peaches. I really like them in crumbles or compott, but they are also a great addition to fruit infused water. Their unique sweetness makes the iced tea too, so be sure to add them in your water next time.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEACHES:
- Peaches have a high water content, making them the perfect refreshing summer snack.
- They are packed with vitamin A, which is vital for healthy eyes and skin. This makes peaches an amazing beauty food.
- Apart from vitamin A, they also contain lots of vitamin C, which as we all know boosts the immune system and protects our body from harmful outer influences.
- Like most fruits, peaches are high in fiber, which aid digestion and help lower cholesterol.
- The higher the fiber content in food, the slower its sugars are released into our system, keeping us satisfied for hours. Fortunately peaches are full of fiber.
- Besides vitamins and fiber, peaches also contain a variety of minerals such as potassium, which helps protect our heart and lowers blood pressure.
PEACH AND STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE
Since I studied in North Carolina, I feel very strongly connected to the U.S. Southern states. I love the laid-back way of life, the sweet accents, the amazing weather, the beaches, and of course the peaches. Luckily, I got to go back last month to visit my sweet North Carolinian friends. Of course we also took a little road trip down South to visit the lovely city of Charleston.
REFRESHING GREEN BEE POLLEN SMOOTHIE
There’s probably no better season to enjoy green smoothies than summer. Don’t get me wrong, I love green smoothies all year around, but I just love them especially in the summer, when everything is green and bright anyways. I also love to start my day with a big green smoothie bowl more in the summer than winter because it’s such a nice and light breakfast opposite to a rather heavy warming winter porridge bowl.
GREEN SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE
Green Superfood Smoothies are the perfect invention for hot summer days. I find it very hard to eat a full meal when it’s above 28°C outside, especially when it’s humid, so I found that smoothies and especially green smoothies are a great way to start the day. They provide you with some much needed nutrients that you lose due to sweat, and they fill you up for a couple of hours.