I think blueberries are my favorite kind of berries. I know that I say this about every type of berry, but there’s just something about fresh blueberries that makes me want to jump in the air. They are the sweetest of all berries and the healthiest too. I love them in my morning granola and I even love making granola with it.
Health benefits of blueberries:
- Blueberries are one of the best sources of antioxidants out there. Antioxidants help the body fight harmful free radicals that can cause chronic diseases such as cancer or heart disease.
- The antioxidants in blueberries are even shown to help improve memory function, cardiovascular function and brain health.
- They are said to lower the blood fat level, which in turn lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Thy also have a low glycemic index, which means that they do not let your blood sugar level spikes that result in energy lows.
- Like all berries, blueberries are a great source of vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system.
They are also a good source of manganese, a mineral that helps strengthen our bones and aids the metabolism.
ACAI AND BERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
Acai is one of my favorite superfoods. If you compare it to other superfoods like maca or baobab, acai is definitely the best tasting superfood out there. It really tastes like a berry, which is perfect in this smoothie bowl. If you don’t know what smoothie bowls are, I will get to that in a second. First, let me tell you a little bit more about acai. As most superfoods, acai comes from South America, especially from Brazil.
SUMMER SMOOTHIE POPSICLES
Oh how I love these summer smoothie popsicles. They are the perfect treat in the summer because they are so packed with incredible goodness. I do not even know where to start when describing them – every single flavor tastes so heavenly, that I don’t think that anybody would not like them. When I made these, I couln’t decide on just one flavor, so I made three: blueberry acai, mango coconut and classic strawberry. They are all so refreshing and hydrating which makes them the best summer treat.
BLUEBERRY MILLET GRANOLA
If you’ve been following my blog or my Instagram account then you’ve probably noticed that I have a thing for delicious breakfasts like porridge or granola, and also for blueberries. I just love blueberries! They’re amongst my favorite berries because they are just so naturally sweet and delicious. Especially in the summer when you get them locally I go through at least one big batch a day.