I’ve finally managed to shoot my first ever YouTube video! Since I’ve been the biggest healthy bircher muesli addict recently, I knew that it had to be this special recipe as it’s one of my favorites on the blog. I am still a bit insecure about the whole YouTube thing, but bare with me while I improve my YouTube skills over the course of the next videos. Regardless of quality and my English, I hope that this recipe will show you how easy it is to prepare a healthy breakfast and how little time or effort is required to do so. Breakfast is my favorite meal, so I hope that I can inspire some of you not to skip it because of a lack of time. You can easily prepare this healthy bircher muesli the night before, so it’s ready when you get up. Leaving the oats to soak over night will not only save you time in the morning, it will also make the oats more digestible, which is a win win situation I think. I like to top my bircher with banana slices, frozen or fresh berries and some nuts and seeds for an extra crunch, but you can also enjoy it just as it is. Let me know what you think, and I hope that some of you will give it a try.
- 1 cup of oats (80g)
- 1½ cups (360ml) of almond milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 1 grated apple
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground nuts (hazelnuts or almonds)
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- a handful fresh or frozen berries (optional)
- Grate the apple and add it to a bowl together with all the other ingredients. Let it soak over night if you wish, or for at least 30 minutes and top it with your favorite fruits, almond butter and/or more seeds.